Meet Nancy - Your Solution to Stress-Free Wedding Planning
How it all began….
Once upon a time, a young girl named Nancy, wrote her PSAT’s (aptitude testing) and found out she was not university material but should be a party planner. ‘What’s that’? she exclaimed. She ignored the message and went to uni anyway and got 2 degrees, worked at a number of interesting jobs, got married a few times and eventually found herself unemployed.
One evening, she was at a party and noticed how stressed out the hostess was and didn’t seem to be enjoying this lovely party she had organized. By the time the hostess was ready to spend time with her guests, they were heading home. “Hmmm’, thought Nancy, ‘there must be some way to help a person like this’. With a little research, she discovered that person was called a Party Planner and they got paid to help people with their parties(Imagine!).
‘I can do that”, Nancy said and Perfect Parties by Nancy was born. Before long Brides were coming to her looking for help with planning a wedding. That led to the business Plan it Perfectly Wedding Co-ordination to be started. Weddings soon became her main focus, and now coaching in particular. Nancy is happiest when brides share their dreams with her and then tell her ‘that’s exactly how I pictured it’. The End. (well not quite because I haven’t helped you yet!)
Some things that make me a great wedding coach….
- I'm a true Virgo personality with a mix of intelligence, attention to detail, common sense, and commitment…. great assets for being a wedding planner/coach don’t you think?
- You need someone calm, cool and collected to help plan your wedding. Well, it takes a lot to ruffle these feathers. I'm pretty low key.
- I always inject humour when possible – I find it helps couples get over their anxiety and the situation they find themselves in. Laughter IS the best medicine!
- I’ve worked in the hospitality industry, mental heath, tourism even took a shot at politics so I can pretty much fit into anyone’s niche/psyche.
- My 20+ years as a wedding planner means I easily come up with one or more solutions to a bride's problem(s).
- I love to travel both locally and internationally. My bucket list includes visiting every place in the Kokomo song - Only have Aruba left. Hey, I can scratch that off the list now!!
- Happily married to my husband Bob and just completed building our dream home on the banks of the famous Salmon fishing river – Miramichi. Ironically, neither of us fish but love the calm that comes with watching the river flow by our doorstep. I can be your calm place as you plan your wedding.
- A keen ability to anticipate what might go wrong and correct it before it happens. I did this a lot when doing wedding co-ordination and I can do it for you.
- Love, love, love when brides come to me with their problems and I can help them work through it. Planning a wedding takes a lot of work. Best part – Toss up between the First Kiss and Recessional.
You’re planning a wedding. I’ve got the know-how. Will we make a good match? See below for more details!
Katrina & Patrick
Nancy was our guide, kept us on track and was an enormous help as we went through the process of planning for the Big Day.
Jessica & Brandon