"You might feel you don't need a planner, but you do need a plan. I can help you with that."
A Wedding Coach is your personal go-to wedding expert, sounding board and someone who’ll help keep the FUN in your wedding planning. Learn more by clicking the drop-down boxes below.
Planning a wedding should be fun! But planning a wedding alone can be a little overwhelming at times!
All kinds of questions and situations arise ...
- Who do you trust to get the reception area set up the way you want?
- Too many choices/ideas.
- Etiquette – Where do my divorced parents sit?
- Worrying whether you’ve overlooked or forgotten something that will unravel on the day of your wedding.
- Unwanted advice from well-intentioned but sometimes overburdening family/friends.
- Guest lists - Do you invite Aunt Suzy even though you’ve only met her once?
- Menus – buffet, plated, three or four courses?
- And it goes on and on and on.
I understand perfectly that you love the idea of planning your wedding yourself. But how do you make that huge leap from researching ideas on Pinterest (and we know there are loads there) - to an actual event that runs without a hitch and is the happiest day of your life, when you have little or no previous experience to draw on?
The Solution? - Wedding Coaching - I offer a hands-on, guided approach to wedding planning that encourages and supports brides (and grooms) like you to plan your awesome weddings your way.
Wouldn’t it be nice to have that “Go To” person there who knows what you are going through to support you, guide you and check in with you from time to time?
I’ve been a wedding planner for over 20 years and in the unique position of having listened to the dreams and watch them unfold, of hundreds of brides. I’ve been there from first contact until the last dance. I know what works and what doesn’t and I want to share that with you.
No need to worry about rushing around trying to meet or where you are in the world, it’s as easy as jumping on Skype in the comfort of your home and having a video session (or audio if you prefer).
You're not alone, it's just a matter of figuring out where to start or how best to continue.
If you’re like most brides, you’re dealing with a lot more than just the wedding planning. Work/school, family, personal issues – it’s called LIFE. And that so-called life has a way of throwing you curve balls when you least expect it or can deal with it. I've seen people struggle with finding the balance between living their life and then add a huge life-altering event like planning a wedding to it. And the result is not always pretty. But it doesn't have to be that way.
Wedding Coaching is perfect for the bride who “wants-to-plan-it myself” and is excited to tackle their wedding planning adventure themselves but recognizes the need for some guidance and support of a professional along the way. They may have decided against hiring a full wedding planner, but don’t want to go through that wedding maze alone. This is when a Wedding Coach becomes the PERFECT solution!
You Know You Need a Wedding Coach if:
- Your emotions are all over the place - stressed, anxious, overwhelmed.
- Parental and family expectations are clashing and interfering with your ideas.
- You’re not a self-starter so doubting your decisions or not sure how to proceed.
- You have no clue about what things cost or how to budget for them.
- You worry about what might or might not happen too much.
- You don't have an objective person to talk to about all that is happening – that can give you advice with your dreams in mind.
If any of this sounds like you, then it's time you became the Bride and not the Planner and invest in YOUR sanity and happiness.
I’m no stranger to the wedding industry. I have a treasure trove of experience and knowledge and I want YOU to benefit from it! Think of me as your personal “Wedding Planner in a Pocket” go-to expert with a pinch of TLC when needed. I can join your planning journey at any time – get you started, push you along or double check that you have it all right. I can help make your vision a reality, answer any of your questions, offer some objective insight and provide that shoulder you might need during times of stress and concern.
My goal is to turn those daunting and overwhelming feelings into exciting and happy thoughts which equals a memorable wedding day.
Top 5 things your Wedding Coach can do for you:
- Hash out an Action Plan - So many of my brides struggle with where to begin, and the overall vision for their wedding day. You don't have to do it all yourself. I will help you turn your vision into a workable plan, and keep you on track. I can help you with the information overload of too many resources that leads to the sense of overwhelm to love or “like” everything, and clear the way for your true dream wedding to emerge.
- Provide a sounding board for you- I’m a great person to bounce your ideas off of… Your friends/bridal party can help too, but if wedding planning isn’t their business, be careful with their well-intended ‘helpful’ suggestions. As your wedding coach, I’ll listen to your ideas, offer advice and make suggestions based on what I know will work (or not).
- Work through difficult family dynamics: With today’s family blendings of ‘mine, yours & ours’, avoiding potential minefields when planning a wedding can be tricky. Be it divorced parents, an overbearing MIL, estranged family members, you name it! There isn’t too much I haven’t dealt with! I will help you deal with the issues without causing you stress and you will be able to say “our wedding coach doesn’t think that’s a good idea because …..‘ Get’s you off the hook nicely!
- Develop a Wedding Day timeline -There are so many things that need to happen on your wedding day (even for a small wedding), and each takes longer than you think. And don’t forget all those guests you have to consider. As your Wedding Coach, I will take you through each part of the day, and help you understand how much time is needed for each activity, as well as the order that will work best.
- Save you time and money– Budget before you spend! One bad decision can not only ruin your day, it can also cost you a lot of money! I can help you cut down on the time you’re spending searching for what flowers are best, etiquette advice, asking friends who have been married before for their recommendations, and assist you in deciding what works best for you. You don't need everything and often there isn't enough time to do it all anyway.
So here’s how it works - I’ll tell you what to do (in a nice way of course), but you’ll be the one doing it. We’ll schedule coaching calls (pick a package suited to your needs) via Skype, where we’ll discuss where you are in the planning process, what your next action steps should be, and how you should go about taking those steps. Additionally, we’ll talk through any questions or concerns you’re having and provide ongoing email support. Together we’ll navigate through all of the ups and downs of your wedding adventure.
Plan it Perfectly Weddings
Your wedding day should be one filled with love and many, many, happy memories. But sometimes the path to that day (called the wedding planning process) can be kind of bumpy, with even a few potholes to throw you off kilter and add unwanted stress. My goal it to help you get over those bumps as you plan your wedding by working closely with you and providing guidance, clarity, and the tools you need to help you through the process.
Whether you desire ongoing support or one-time assistance… I can help you! To answer that all-time-consuming question or niggling concern, or just 'where do I start?' dilemma, then the Get Wedding Ready package it for you.
Think you might need more than just a question or concern addressed? Maybe someone to give you a detailed plan that you can implement on your own with the ease and confidence of a pro? Wedding Planning with Ease it the solution you are looking for.